Friday, July 31, 2009

A Bit Late Posting but Here Is The Morning I Left London

July 28, 2009
10 hours. It’s 3:15 pm London time.

I had a thought that nothing would be weird at all. That it’s perfectly natural to be gone for 7 months. Like it happens all the time to everyone and lives don’t change. Things are the same. The people are the same. The time difference is irrelevant. There’s no new music, just music you started listening to because a friend said, “Hey, have you ever heard of Paolo Nutini? He’s really good. Listen, I love this line… ‘You said you’d marry me if I was 23 but I’m one that you can’t see if I’m only 18.’ I don’t know how he can have a voice like that, all rough and almost reggae is but with a Scottish accent.”

I woke up early this morning, about 7:15 am. I had plenty of time to organize my things and wash my hair. I didn’t feel anything while having breakfast this morning. Riding the tube out to Heathrow Terminal 5 was just like any other tube ride in London. I listened to my ipod. I had my luggage. I was traveling. There was no trouble finding where I needed to be. I didn’t wander around lost and pressed for time. I had plenty of time. I found my gate with absolutely no trouble. Everyone was pleasant and helpful. I had a big bagel with smoked salmon and capers and an iced mocha. I mean, there’s nothing strange about being in the airport. The flight is uneventful. I’ve been watching episodes of Peep Show, which is a British comedy about two flat mates. It’s kind of an alternative and very modern version of the Odd Couple. And you can hear their thoughts.

They served us Chicken Tuscana and coffee and what not.

It’s um. It’s a little like I’ve not been traveling for 7 months. I don’t know if that’s true, though. I mean, I might have already had my moment of painful realization when I was in Oxford yesterday hanging out with James Kanimba.

We traded music for about 4 hours then went to Hassan’s Van for chips and chicken curry. Then we watched some of his John Mayer DVD and I cried a bit of that terribly sad and somewhat panicked kind of crying all over James’ shoulder.

And that was pretty much that. So we’ll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment